Edging is like the sexual equivalent of playing with fire (in a good way!). It's all about building and intensifying sexual pleasure by increasing arousal and prolonging the experience. In other words, you are pushing your pleasure boundaries by getting close to orgasm and then hitting the brakes. This teasing technique amps up the excitement and leaves you craving more.
How to Edge?
Ready to give it a go for yourself? Try these steps:
- Set the mood: Create a comfortable, intimate atmosphere that gets you in the mood.
- Foreplay: Indulge in steamy foreplay to build up that desire for you or your partner.
- Build arousal: Explore erogenous zones and experiment with different techniques to increase sexual excitement.
- Edge of Glory: When you or your partner are about to climax, ease up for a bit. Feel free to change the rhythm or touch.
- Repeat and vary: Continue this cycle of building arousal and then changing the flow, exploring different levels of intensity and stimulation.
- Happy Ending: Eventually, let yourself or your partner enjoy a mind-blowing release.
L'Amour D'Abord Vibe Bundle
How Long Should I Try Edging For?
Edging can last as long or short as you like. Some people prefer quick teases lasting a few minutes, while others build the anticipation for a solid 20-30 minutes (or even longer!). It's all about finding your sweet spot and discovering what works for you. Experiment away!
How Can I Last Longer While Edging?
If you're looking to prolong the edging experience and delay orgasm, try the following:
- Breathe, Baby, Breathe: Take slow, deep breaths to keep your excitement in check.
- Work Those Muscles: Strengthen your pelvic floor by doing some Kegels. It will help you hit the brakes when it’s time.
- Switch it up: Explore different types of touch, zones, pressure, or sensations to find your edge.
- Distract Yourself: You don’t need to think about your grandma (and we’d advise against that if you want to actually end in an orgasm), but rather shift your focus to other aspects of the experience, such as your five senses, feel, smell, hear, taste and sight.
Remember, edging is about exploring and understanding your body's responses, so be patient with yourself and enjoy the process.
La Machine D'Amour Ultime
Do You Release Sperm When Edging?
If you are a penis owner, this might be a question on your mind. During edging, you might experience a little pre-ejaculation, also known as "pre-cum." But here's the thing—it's not packed with a ton of sperm. Keep in mind, though, that while edging delays orgasm, it doesn't act as a pregnancy or STI prevention method. If avoiding those is important to you, make sure to practice safe sex by using condoms.
Benefits of Edging
Why try edging? Well there are a number of benefits, including:
- Increased pleasure: Edging allows you to experience prolonged and heightened pleasure, leading to more intense orgasms.
- Improved control: It can help you gain better control over your sexual responses and learn to delay finishing, which can help if you suffer from premature ejaculation.
- Intimacy enhancement: Edging can be an intimate shared experience, helps boost communication, exploration, and mutual satisfaction with your partner.
- Self-discovery: By exploring your own unique arousal patterns and limits, edging can help you better understand what your body can handle and its preferences.
- Better stamina: Regularly practicing edging can help your endurance, so you can go all night long (almost literally).
Please keep in mind just like every sexual activity, although some people enjoy edging, it’s not for everyone. It’s important to listen to your body and respect your own boundaries.
So there you have it, all the answers as to why you should try edging, and if you ask us, we can’t think of a reason not to! Experimenting away from the tried and tested techniques may seem like a chore, but don’t be afraid to edge closer (haha!) to pleasure and unlock an orgasm that will have you fantasising for days!